The 14th Plenary Meeting of the EaPeReg Network (Eastern Partnership Electronic Communications Regulators Network) will take place in Riga, Latvia on November 27, 2019. The event will be organised by Sabiedrisko pakalpojumu regulēšanas komisija (SPRK) as a Vice – Chair of the EaPeReg Network and as a host party, with the support of the European Commission.
The main goal of the Plenary meeting will be to discuss the following topics:
- Assessment of EaPeReg work in 2019
- Planning of the EaPeReg activities in 2020
- EWGs reports
- Presentation of the EU4Digital Facility experts on project activities
- Signing of the MoU between EaPeReg and ITU
- Introduction of The European Mediterranean Regulators Group (EMERG)
- Election of the EaPeReg Chair and Vice-Chair 2020
- Some other activities related to network development
The European Union’s EU4Digital initiative works together with EaPeReg, supporting efforts to achieve a common roaming space among Eastern Partner countries by 2020, to strengthen the independence of National Regulatory Authorities, and to develop coordinated strategies for frequency distribution.