For the second year, Baku has hosted InnoWeek, an event dedicated to innovation and technology, from 18-24 October, which also included a two-day eTrade forum. The event was organised by the Ministry of Transport, Communications and High Technologies and the Heydar Aliyev Centre.
Among the InnoWeek events were:
- The final of the I2B – From Idea to Business project, deciding the winners of the start-up tours held in Baku and the regions in 2019, with a jury selecting three winners for funding, based on uniqueness of idea, market potential, period of return on investment, time required to develop a preliminary service/prototype, and the ability of the team to implement the idea.
- The Roboday exhibition, organised as part of the Robopark project of the Ministry of Transport, Communications and High Technologies. Apart from robot displays, there were presentations of educational programmes in STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Maths) with a view to contributing to the development of innovative IT engineers and increasing interest in future technologies.
- The 2nd Baku E-Trade Forum (BEF-2019), was held on October 21-22. The two-day forum brought together representatives of international organisations, government agencies, public organisations, micro, small and medium-sized enterprises, investors, experts and startups. The event included sessions in various areas of electronic commerce. The forum also brought together leaders in the field of e-commerce, well-known specialists and experts of e-commerce and online payment platforms who discussed the latest trends and positive experiences in this area.
- A round table on the ‘Political View of the Innovation Ecosystem’ was organised bringing together representatives from the Azerbaijani innovation ecosystem – heads of government and non-governmental organisations, agencies, incubation and acceleration centres and other organisations.
- Euroasia Innovation Day: this dialogue platform brought together politicians, representatives of the private sector and scientists.
- Innovation Awards Gala, with winners in the categories of Startup of the Year, Influencer of the Year, Innovation Event of the Year, Innovation Project of the Year and Representative of the Innovation Ecosystem of the Year.
- The Kaspersky Security Day platform brought together representatives of government agencies, the private sector, NGOs, universities and research institutes.