The RINTI 2019 conference was organised by the United Institute of Informatics Problems of the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus (UIIP NASB), around the issue of ‘Development of Informatisation and the State System of Scientific and Technical Information’.
The key topics at the conference this year were:
- analysis of problems in the development of informatisation (digital transformation) of the economy, social sphere, public administration and the system of scientific and technical information in the Republic of Belarus;
- main directions and technologies of digital transformation – e-government, digital economy, e-commerce and logistics, e-learning, e-health, digital libraries, digitisation of cultural heritage;
- development of new approaches to the creation of information technologies and the information infrastructure of Belarus;
- creation and implementation of systems for scientific and technical information, corporate library and information systems for scientific and technical libraries, systems for information support of innovative scientific and engineering activities;
- information support for science and education based on modern information and telecommunication technologies, organisation of common scientific and information space.
BASNET took an active part in the organisation of the conference and presented both its services and its work under the EaPConnect project at the RINTI 2019 exhibition. Scientists and specialists from Belarus, Ukraine, Azerbaijan and Russia attended the conference and exhibition.
The EaPConnect project aims to create a regional research and education network in the EU’s Eastern Partner countries namely Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova and Ukraine. The overall objective is to decrease the digital divide, improve intra-regional connectivity and facilitate the participation of local scientists, students and academics in global research and education collaborations.