The project focuses on further developing the approximation of all Eastern partner countries to the EU basic pillars on cybersecurity, taking into account the different level of advancement between the partner countries.
The objective of the project is to develop technical and cooperation mechanisms that increase cybersecurity and preparedness against cyber-attacks, in line with the EU standards.
The project carries out the following activities:
- To strengthen the national cybersecurity governance and legal framework across the EaP countries, including through:
– Support to amendment or development of legislative framework;
– Training and mentoring on cyber threats and response, human rights, data protection safeguards and oversight mechanisms
– Cooperation with private sector service providers;
– Public awareness raising.
- To strengthen the protection of critical information infrastructure in the EaP countries, including through:
– Technical assistance for national critical information infrastructure;
– Support for development of action plans and processes for the protection of critical information infrastructure;
– Technical assistance and training for the development of Critical Information Infrastructure Protection systems.
- To increase the operational capacities for cybersecurity incidents management in the EaP countries, including through:
– Organisation of joint cyber incident management meetings, table-top exercises and mock operations to simulate a cyber-attack situation;
– Joint cyber operations and investigations;
– Supporting inter-agency and trans-national cooperation in actual cyber incidents;
– Supporting and consolidating existing regional networks.