EU4Digital has five lines of action in the area of ICT Innovation:
- Setting in place a common legislative framework in the Eastern Neighbourhood region that favours ICT innovation, based on EU norms and best practices. This includes the identification and sharing of best policies and practices, based on the findings and recommendations of the ICT Innovation Study.
- Developing common training packages for addressing the needs of the main groups of ecosystem stakeholders in the region (policy makers, ICT innovation infrastructure organisations, ICT and non-ICT related businesses).
- Promoting the networking of innovation ecosystem players within the region and with the EU, through networking events and study visits. Establishing an annual Start-EaP week synchronised with a major Start-up Europe event.
- Extending Start-up Europe networks and platforms to include the Eastern partner countries. This includes for example the Enterprise Europe network, Business Angels Europe and the Accelerators Assembly. As a next step, EU4Digital will assess the need for, and implement as appropriate, additional ICT-based cooperation functionalities among ICT-related techno-parks in the Eastern partner countries.
- Implementing promotion campaigns in the Eastern partner countries for raising awareness of the importance of ICT innovation.
- Conducting a ‘Market assessment for Digital Innovation and Scale-up Initiative (DISC) in Eastern partner countries’ to address the investment gap in digital innovations and to support the scale-up of digital start-ups in the region. The Market Assessment will support the European Commission in understanding the investment gap and will serve as a basis for considering the implementation of a DISC-like initiative (which was initially launched in EU countries) in the Eastern partner countries.