The EU4Digital Facility will organise a regional workshop on the development of a Competence Framework for SMEs and microbusinesses on September 25, 2020.
The objective of the workshop will be to obtain Eastern partner country representative inputs on the necessary alignment of four Job Role Profiles to the needs of SMEs and microbusinesses in the Eastern partner countries, and to discuss the next steps for the development and alignment of a common digital competence framework.
EU4Digital is now working on a Competence Framework that would help to establish a common language for digital competences, and support the development of career and learning paths. The Framework will consist of three elements:
- Methodology describing the development methods, process, and the objectives of the Competence Framework.
- Guidelines for the use of the Competence Framework for SMEs and microbusinesses in Eastern partner countries.
- Selected Job Role Profiles,including the key competences and skills for carrying out specific job roles within an SME or microbusiness, as selected by the Digital Skills Network.
Job Role Profiles developed as part of the Competence Framework will support re-skilling and up-skilling SME and microbusiness employees to enable them to perform digital roles according to an international digital competence standard. The Job Role Profiles can be further used to create recruitment ads, develop internal documentation regarding employee performance and job tasks, as well as to develop specific learning paths to increase employee performance in specific aspects of their work. The four Job Role Profiles that will be developed as selected by the Digital Skills Network are:
- Digital Transformation Role;
- Data Specialist Role;
- Information Security Specialist Role;
- Digital Educator Role.
The EU4Digital Facility supports the development of a Digital Competence Framework for SMEs and microbusinesses in the Eastern Partner countries, as well as organisation of trainings, conferences and study visits to EU Member States for policy makers and training providers to disseminate EU practices.
Registration link: https://globaleysurvey.ey.com/jfe/form/SV_aXjfDp54ni98vjf