Please note: this event is by invitation only. Highlights will be published in a special edition of the EU4Digital newsletter: to receive such updates by email, please subscribe to the newsletter here.
The EU4Digital Phase II Kick-off and Steering Committee meeting is a formal, by-invitation internal event for officially appointed sponsors and stakeholders. It will feature discussions dedicated to the flagship regional EU4Digital Initiative, and it will mark the official kick-off of the second phase of the EU4Digital Facility (2022-2025).
The EU4Digital Facility Phase II is the central programme of the EU4Digital Initiative. It builds on the achievements of the first phase and aims to scale up EU support for the resilient digital transformation of the Eastern partner countries. The overall objective of the programme is to extend the benefits of the Digital Single Market to the Eastern partner countries. EU4Digital Facility Phase II supports the development of resilient digital economies and societies, as well as the crisis response of the Eastern partner countries.
Gérald Audaz, Team Leader, Economic Development and Digital Transition Team, DG NEAR
EU4Digital Initiative impact: results, continuity and future topics
Thibault Charlet, Programme Manager, Economic Development and Digital Transition Team, DG NEAR
EU4Digital Facility: from Phase I to Phase II
Arturas Piliponis, EU4Digital Facility Team Leader, EY
Interventions by EU4Digital Facility experts
· Andrejs Dombrovskis, EU4Digital Facility Telecom Rules Stream Leader, Electronic communications policy and regulatory expert
· Ruta Salvyte-Tamosiuniene, EU4Digital Facility eTrade Stream Leader, EY
· Martynas Daugirdas, EU4Digital Facility eHealth and Trust & Security Stream Leader, EY
· Alena Shuba, EU4Digital Facility Communication Stream Leader, EY
Irina Matthews, EaPConnect Project (co-)Manager, GÉANT
EU4Digital: Cyber resilience
Besnik Limaj, Team Leader, EU4Digital Cybersecurity EAST, GFA Consulting Group
EU4Digital: broadband strategies in the Eastern Partnership
· Valeria Dessolis, World Bank
· Thibault Charlet, Programme Manager Digital Transition and Economic Development, Unit C1, DG NEAR, European Commission
Digital transformation in Eastern partner countries: state of play and future priorities
Representatives from Eastern partner countries and EU Delegations
DG NEAR, European Commission