EU4Digital Facility experts developed this report on EU best practice and the implementation of the EU toolbox for 5G security as part of the Telecom Rules stream of activities. In the report, EU best practices regarding two key areas are defined:
- Strategic and technical measures for mitigating 5G networks risks;
- EU approach to define High Risk Vendors.
The main objective of the report is to share experiences gathered by EU Member States during the process of developing the EU toolbox for 5G security. The report aims to:
- Promote a coordinated and comprehensive approach to ensure the security of 5G networks;
- Provide guidance to the Eastern partner countries, their network operators and other stakeholders on the security risks and potential vulnerabilities of 5G networks;
- Provide best practices and mitigation measures to address these risks.
Based on the findings of this report, country-specific initiatives will be prepared to work towards the implementation of the 5G security toolbox in the Eastern partner countries.
- Telecom rules