Home / Stay Informed /
What does EU4Digital do to promote eTrade in the Eastern Partnership region?
The EU4Digital eTrade thematic area supports the enablement of cross-border collaboration. The focus is to harmonise eTrade in areas of eCustoms, eLogistics, and eCommerce, channelled through the following activities:
- eCustoms pilot – systematic and automatic exchange of customs information through a secure channel, enabling the use of specialised software for faster border crossing and better risk management.
- Digital Transport Corridor (eFTI deployment) – creating an action plan for exchange of electronic freight transport information (eFTI) across physical transport corridors (road, rail, inland waterways), in line with EU standards that come into force in 2026 under eFTI Regulation.
- eCommerce accelerator –
- Track 1: eCommerce status re-evaluation – assessment of legislation, standards and overall eCommerce ecosystem changes in Eastern partner countries since 2020.
- Track 2: eCommerce pilot: national pavilion account – pilot to create government-owned ‘national pavilion accounts’ on major EU eCommerce marketplaces, and for sellers then to start selling locally made products on the selected marketplaces without further registration, documentation or other requirements from the marketplaces.
- Track 3 – eCommerce consultations centre: eCommerce training and individual consultation sessions for small-to-medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) to help them start selling on the selected marketplaces.
- Networking – involving stakeholders from Eastern partner countries in building connections and sharing information about trends, actions, and the state of play in eTrade with EU counterparts.