As part of EU4Digital, several activities and pilots support cross-border collaboration. The focus is to harmonise the following areas of eTrade:
- Cross-border eTrade: exchange of paperless documents between trade partners (e.g. businesses and government) from different countries.
- eCustoms: systematic and automatic exchange of customs information (e.g. pre-arrival information exchange, risk assessment, data matching, results of customs controls) between logistics business and customs authorities.
- Digital Transport Corridor: data-related services across physical transport corridors for end-to-end information exchange at all stages of transportation – air, road, rail and sea.
- eCommerce: sale of goods through electronic transactions carried out on computer networks.
- Networking: involvement of stakeholders from Eastern partner countries to build connections and to share information about trends, actions and state of play in eTrade with EU counterparts.