The EU4Digital Facility will hold ICT an Innovation networking event on 2 March. The event will focus on challenges related to Intellectual Property (IP) rights in ICT innovation and target the interests of national patent offices, business support associations, technology transfer offices and support organisations, including those at universities and R&D organisations, as well as ministerial level representatives and agencies coordinating the development of the innovation ecosystem.
The initial goal of the event is to provide better knowledge on tools and possibilities on IP rights topics offered by key EU organisations. Also, the objective is to discuss the opportunities of capacity building of national patent offices, technology transfer centres and other innovation ecosystem actors in Eastern partner countries and to consider potential cooperation areas with EU organisations.
The event will start with keynote speech on the IP policy perspectives from the representative of the European Commission (DG GROW). Then, the European IP Office will introduce technologically advanced tools and services they offer for SMEs and IP professionals in EaP region. Next, the European IP Helpdesk will present their value proposition and share the experience of the European IP Helpdesk Ambassadors from the partner countries – Belarus and the Republic of Moldova. Finally, the event will invite participants to a special webinar on IP management, protection and exploitation in the ICT sector for R&D organisations, SMEs and business support organisations.
The meeting will be moderated by EU4Digital ICT Innovation Lead Anna Pobol, and will be built around the presentations and Q&A sessions of the following EU and EaP speakers:
- Wawrzyniec Perschke, Policy Officer at the European Commission (DG GROW);
- Alvaro Garcia Alcazar, Team Leader at International Cooperation and Legal Affairs Department at European Union Intellectual Property Office;
- Claire Fritz, Senior Project Manager (Eurice GmbH) and Senior Project Manager at the European IP Helpdesk;
- Dr. Eugene Sweeney, Expert in Practical Innovation and IP Management at European IP Helpdesk;
- Dr. Alexander Uspenskiy, Director of the Republican Centre for Technology Transfer (RCTT), IP Ambassador for the Republic of Belarus;
- Vadim Iatchevici, Head of Innovative Projects Directorate at National Agency for Research and Development, IP Ambassador for the Republic of Moldova.
If you are interested in participating in the event or have any questions, please kindly refer to ICT Innovation stream Lead Anna Pobol (email@example.com).
Registration for target audience is open here until 1 March.
ICT Innovation second networking event on alternative finance
ICT Innovation third networking event on ICT clusters development
Managing intellectual property rights for digital innovation: meeting a key challenge for innovative SMEs